Advocacy Center for Children of Galveston County is now hiring a Crisis Therapist.
Contact Surabhi Jagdish for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (409) 741-6000
- Provides individual, family, and play therapeutic services to child victims and their families.
- Demonstrate knowledge of child abuse and the systems involved in the investigation, prosecution and treatment of victims.
- Provides pre- and post-tests to clients to measure change.
- Develops treatment plans for clients and updates those plans. Documents sessions through case notes.
- Provides brief crisis intervention when necessary.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team case staffings.
- Provides court testimony in civil and criminal cases .
- Provides community education regarding child abuse and CAC .
- Maintains statistics and data entry as necessary for grant reports.
- Participates in the Children’s Advocacy Center events.
- Perform other duties as assigned .
- Reports to Executive Director.