CompUDopt’s mission is to provide technology education and access to underserved youth in Texas. This position is a trainer for our educational programming for elementary, middle and high school students. Trainers will report directly to the Education Director.
- Leads training classes including CompUDopt’s Early Adopters after school program, Learn2Earn, STEAM Team and Computer Adoption program in line with developed curriculum
- Actively engages with students to ensure their learning and knowledge retention
- Facilitates a strong classroom culture through authentic relationships with students and consistent behavior management
- Provides feedback and suggestions on curriculum and program revision
- Collects classroom information including attendance as well as metric and measurement reports to ensure the continuous improvement and quality of the program
- Maintains safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintains technical and classroom management knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 18 years of age
- Interest in STEAM fields, particularly technology
- Previous experience working with children in a training and/or after school environment (strongly preferred)
- Basic computer programming knowledge/experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement population appropriate program activities
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications (preferred but not required)
Time Commitment and Other Requirements
- 10-15 hours per week during the daytime and afternoon (Typically from 3 pm to 6 pm)
- Occasional Saturday mornings
- Must have a valid state-issued driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
Colin Dempsey, Education Director at (713) 426-2330 X1355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Comp-U-Dopt is an EEO Employer and maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. This position is subject to a background check and will require the ability to lift and carry objects up to 25lbs with some regularity.