Much like the United Way Workplace Giving Campaign, the SECC (or State Employee Charitable Campaign), exists to connect state employees to charities they choose to support. All charities that provide health and human services and meet statutory requirements, including an annual application, are eligible.
The following Agencies Applied (and were approved) for the upcoming year:
- United Way of Galveston
- Advocacy Center for Children of Galveston County
- Bay Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- CASA of Galveston County
- Family Service Center of Galveston County
- Galveston College Foundation
- Galveston County Food Bank
- Galveston ISD Educational Foundation
- Galveston Island Meals on Wheels, Inc.
- Gulf Coast Big Brothers & Big Sisters, Inc.
- Libbie’s Place Senior Day Program
- Moody Early Childhood Center
- NAMI Gulf Coast
- The Salvation Army of Galveston County
- St. Vincent’s House
- Sunshine Center, Inc.
- Teen Health Center, Inc.
- Unaffiliated Agencies (Serving Galveston, but not official United Way of Galveston Partner Agencies)
- Communities in Schools of Galveston County, Inc.
- Galveston Island Humane Society, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House of Galveston
- Rosenberg Library Association
- UTMB (Good Neighbor Program – Galveston)
- WOMAN, Inc.
Applying for participation in the SECC is easy – interested (and qualifying) nonprofit organizations that have an office on the island just complete a simple form and submit a few attachments (Articles of Incorporation, a Financial Audit, a 990, and a letter stating their service area).