Entergy Bill Payment Assistance Program
Entergy Texas has committed approximately $1.3 million for bill payment assistance to Entergy Texas residential customers across the state through United Way of Greater Houston. Eligible customers for funding are Asset-Limited, Income-Constrained, Employed (ALICE) customers. Funding has been allocated to Texas from the $10 million in shareholder donations previously announced by Entergy Corporation.
Beginning September 27 at 9 a.m., qualifying Entergy residential customers throughout the state will be able to apply for a one-time $150 credit on their Entergy bill through United Way of Greater Houston.
United Way of Greater Houston will accept applications for Entergy Texas residential customers who reside in one of these 27 counties listed below.
This opportunity is through the Entergy Corporation charitable foundation to assist their customers. If your county is not included in the list above, we encourage you to call 211 for additional information on resources in your area.
For those without internet access, please visit your local library should you need computer or internet access to complete your application.
Entergy customers are encouraged to visit www.entergy.com/answers for the most up-to-date information on bill assistance.
- Income: up to 250% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines See chart.
- Residency: Must reside in one of the counties in the Entergy Texas service-area: See map.
- Must be an Entergy Texas residential customer.
|Household Size||250% FPIG Annual Income|
(Applicants will be required to upload documents. These file types are accepted: .txt .jpg .tif .png .pdf .doc .docx .xls .xlsx )
Have this information ready when you start your application:
- Photo ID (driver’s license or state-issued ID, passport)
- Income options (choose one)
- First page of 2021 tax return for all income earners in household
- 2021 W2 for all income earners in household
- Last paystub for all income earners in household
- Social Security Administration 1099 or 1042-S form
- Most recent Entergy bill
- Entergy account number
- Account holder’s DOB
- Valid email address
- Working phone number
- Utility service address
- Number of people in household
- Total annual income of all earners in household
- Information for income earners who are 18 years or older in the household
How It Works
- Fill out the online application form and upload supporting documents (don’t forget to click the submit button!).
- We encourage you to use your computer or mobile phone to complete the application.
- If you list our mobile phone as your contact phone number, we will send you texts to update you on the status of your application.
- United Way will review your application and get back to you within 10 – 15 business days.
- Approved applications will receive a $150 credit on their Entergy Texas bill.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Due to the extremely high volume of applications, please allow 24 hours for a response.
For those without internet access, please visit your local library should you need computer or internet access to complete your application. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS PORTAL WILL CLOSE AS SOON AS ALL AVAILABLE SLOTS ARE FILLED.