To our United Way of Galveston community:
We understand the growing concern surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) across our communities, and we are closely monitoring the threat in Galveston with local health & government officials. Many of you are concerned not only about the health of yourself and your families, but the financial hardships you may face as a result of any prolonged work and event closures. The United Way of Galveston is here to help you through the coronavirus crisis by mobilizing resources, sharing up-to-date information, and inspiring hope.
- The City of Galveston’s COVID-19 webpage offers up-to-date information and decisions made within our city.
- Galveston County Health District webpage contains detailed information and testing sites for our county.
- The Texas Department of Health contains detailed information about coronavirus cases across the state as well as a COVID-19 toolkit with tip sheets including identifying your symptoms, how to limit exposure, prevent coronavirus and when to get tested.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, working to protect Americans from health, safety and security risks. The CDC is a valuable resource for coronavirus information including tracking cases across the U.S. and globally.
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities, Resources for the Home includes cleaning recommendations, planning ahead, and what to do if you’re sick
- Texas Case Count page has the latest information on the number of confirmed cases in the state
This page will be updated regularly to provide you with the most up-to-date information regarding the coronavirus, along with resources to help with financial hardships during the crisis.