The 2018 United Way of Galveston Application for Funding will be available on January 26, 2018 and due on March 2, 2018. All new applicants must meet with the United Way of Galveston prior to receiving login information to our online portal. Call our office to schedule a meeting.
If you want to get a head start on the Application, please review the checklist below and begin to gather the required documents in electronic format.
United Way of Galveston Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered:
- Be classified as a current 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the IRS
- Provide health, education, or financial stability services to residents of Galveston (77550, 77551, 77554)
- Be governed by a local Board of Directors who meet at least 6 times per calendar year
- File IRS Form 990 annually with the IRS
- Undergo an annual independent Audit (annual revenue $100,000 or more) or CPA Review (Revenue $99,999 or less)
- Have a Fundraising and Marketing Expense Ratio of 25% or less (per IRS Form 990 submitted with application)
United Way of Galveston Applicants must submit ALL of the required documents along with their application to be considered for Membership.
- Application for Membership and Funding
- IRS Determination Letter
- IRS Form 990 (not more than 18 months old)
- Audited Financial Statements (not more than 18 months old)
- Full Agency Budget
- Current Liability Insurance
- List of Board of Directors
- Conflict of Interest Statement
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Patriot Act Form
- Signed Partnership Agreement