Contact: Glenn Urbach, firstname.lastname@example.org, (409) 572-2560
- Serve as a primary source of information to customers about Sea Star Base Galveston (SSBG) programs and services. Manage incoming calls, visitors, and e-mail inquiries, which includes, in general, responding to standard and complex inquiries and use judgment and knowledge to determine when to arrange consultations with supervisors or other Directors.
- Resolves basic computer problems. Uses discretion and knows who to go to for assistance with more complex system needs, including new applications and upgrades for Word, Excel, Outlook, and specialty programs.
- Create basic databases as needed and maintain existing databases (All SSBG employees or contractors; all SSBG members, SSBG mailing lists, SSBG Volunteers) using Gather, and or any other designated Client Relations Management (CRM) software, and Excel databases. Maintains the multiple database systems, including modifying existing layouts, designing basic layouts, and maintaining and creating records to be used for reporting.
- Assist with the operation of Scholarships in collaboration with the SSBG Directors. Serve as a resource and offer guidance on questions involving the monitoring and reconciling the scholarship accounts, verifying applicant eligibility, database questions, award/declination letter process, and any inquiries about the program both basic and case-specific.
- Provide budget support for the Office Software and Supplies Budgets. Responsibilities include keeping an inventory of supplies; ordering supplies when needed and monitoring accounts. Investigate and fix purchasing discrepancies, prepare and process purchasing and accounting forms.
- Co-Coordinates seminars with applicable Directors: planning and publicity, including researching programs, speakers, and topics, scheduling, room registration, seminar flyer design, printing, and distribution. Responsible for ongoing communication with registrants and speakers; sending email reminders, updates, and maintaining waiting lists.
- Interact with representatives of Point Glass and outside agencies and institutions, at times representing SSBG at special events and in committee meetings, contributing information and ideas, as well as keeping administrators informed of key developments.
- Independently prepare correspondence as directed for a Director’s signature. Compose, edit, and proofread key office materials.
- Assist in creating a welcoming and well-organized center environment, including by maintaining furnishings and supplies, ordering food, and setting up and maintaining the conference rooms.
- Manage the schedule of the SSBG Directors. Maintain and manage the calendar for the Executive Director; coordinate scheduling of all SSBG staff meetings and conference room reservations; and work as part of a team.
- Organize, set-up, and attend board and committee meetings. Prepare handouts, presentations, or other material beforehand and take minutes for review distribution afterward. Manage the Action Item and Decision Register for all Board of Director meetings.
- Greet visitors in a professional and friendly manner
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail.
- Provide support to SSBG events and activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.