What is a United Way Workplace Campaign?
Each year, we see United Way volunteers and staff members put on their campaign hats and venture out to raise money for the organization. Most of us attend meetings at our places of business, and many of us generously open our hearts and wallets. We do this with confidence, knowing that our money will go toward a “good cause.” We know United Way does “good things” for the community. But how much do we really know about the organization and about how our donations are being spent?
United Way of Galveston is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people across the island by addressing critical human needs. Our organization is unique in that we collaborate with 22 non-profit partner agencies to affect positive changes in our community as efficiently as possible. When non-profit organizations work together, not only can more good be accomplished, but also the cost of fundraising is dramatically reduced, leaving more money for what is important—helping people.
Why Run a Workplace Campaign with United Way?
Our goal is to help people move from challenges to success and build a stable life. Like your business, United Way of Galveston is about partnerships, setting goals, efficiency and accountability. Here’s why a partnership with United Way makes sense:
- It is a sound investment for your company. United Way’s knowledge of the community ensures contributions are channeled to where the needs are greatest.
- United Way can help you develop a customized fundraising campaign that aligns with the values and interests of your organization and your employees. We also offer training and support in building your fundraising team and running a great campaign.
- Convenience and affordability in giving options such as payroll deduction and electronic pledging.
- We process all donations, eliminating the need for a third party pledge processor that lacks the ability to bring year-round, community-wide recognition to you and your employees.
- When your employees donate to United Way, 100% of their gift will be invested in programs to help those in need.
- Special recognition benefits for donors who give $500 and more annually.
- Direct engagement opportunities available through our various Giving Societies
How to Run a Workplace Campaign
- Energize your campaign by learning about the work of United Way, recruiting a team for your company’s campaign, and setting your strategy and goals.
Inspire employees to see the impact they make by holding a kickoff rally to showcase United Way’s work, asking someone who has benefited from United Way to share their story, or sharing United Way’s videos and stories.
- Engage employees in our work through events, bus tours, Day of Caring projects, communications and opportunities to learn about leadership giving. Ask everyone to give, and ask those who can to make a leadership gift.
- Thank everyone for their generous support. Send thank you letters or hold a celebration to recognize donors. Don’t forget to provide a complete list of leadership donors and close out your campaign with your United Way representative.